Ask Summer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Act Normal?

2 posters

Go down

How to Act Normal? Empty How to Act Normal?

Post  Echo Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:56 pm

Hi Summer.

Obviously I have a lot of problems. lol. My next problem is really hard on me though. See, I was home schooled my whole life, and I've never set foot in a school. But recently my mom made me go to this home school-school which is just like a school only home-schooled. I told her it takes the home out of home school but she didn't care. So every Monday I go to this school and have no idea what to act like, what to wear, how to talk to kids, what to say, how to not say something dumb, how to not look like a complete fool, etc. IT'S ENDLESS!!!!!!! So can you please answer at least some of those questions? Preferably the social ones like how to talk to my classmates and not say something dumb. Like what do teenagers say? How do you get that voice where it's like the teen voice? I'm just totally confused and it is SO embarrassing to talk to other people and say something dumb. I can't help it. Like the first day I was there:

Girl: Those are awesome earrings!
(I thought it was funny because people say that all the time to me.)
Me: Ha ha. Everyone says that!
Girl: Jeez. I was just trying to be nice!
(Me: Great going me. yeah. real great.)

Help?

Echo

http://www.campwinterwonderland.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

How to Act Normal? Empty Re: How to Act Normal?

Post  Summer<3 Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:30 am

Echo wrote:Hi Summer.

Obviously I have a lot of problems. lol. My next problem is really hard on me though. See, I was home schooled my whole life, and I've never set foot in a school. But recently my mom made me go to this home school-school which is just like a school only home-schooled. I told her it takes the home out of home school but she didn't care. So every Monday I go to this school and have no idea what to act like, what to wear, how to talk to kids, what to say, how to not say something dumb, how to not look like a complete fool, etc. IT'S ENDLESS!!!!!!! So can you please answer at least some of those questions? Preferably the social ones like how to talk to my classmates and not say something dumb. Like what do teenagers say? How do you get that voice where it's like the teen voice? I'm just totally confused and it is SO embarrassing to talk to other people and say something dumb. I can't help it. Like the first day I was there:

Girl: Those are awesome earrings!
(I thought it was funny because people say that all the time to me.)
Me: Ha ha. Everyone says that!
Girl: Jeez. I was just trying to be nice!
(Me: Great going me. yeah. real great.)

Help?

Echo,
Hey, I'm homeschooled too. Okay, well, I wouldn't try being particularly noticeable, like showing off and trying to attract attention to yourself. Try starting with some basic thing, like "Hey, I'm ... I love your shoes". or "What are you doing on the weekend?" I can see why your mum wants for you to go - y'know, the social factor. Anyways, probably dress down. Jeans, shorts maybe, and a t-shirt. When you do the "Ha ha, everyone says that" bit, don't sound sarcastic, maybe giggle. Good luck!
Summer<3
Summer<3
Summer<3
Admin

https://ask-summer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum